Manteo Baptist Church values children. We are convinced that children are not just our future, but they are also our present! We want to give every opportunity for children to meet Jesus Christ and begin to live a life that is marked by the gospel. In order to accomplish this, we are pleased to offer several opportunities for children to worship together and to learn the Bible!
Word of Life’s Children’s Ministry Program is built on a powerful goal: to lay a solid foundation of biblical principles at a young age in the lives of children. We want to teach them from the very start the important fundamentals of spiritual growth. The Olympian ministry is built on an important theme in Scripture; the Olympic athlete.
The Olympian program is broken down into 3 different age groups. Grades 1-2 are called the Challengers, Grades 3-4 are called the Conquerors, and Grades 5-6 are called the Champions. Every component of our ministry program is tailored to the developmental level of the appropriate grades. In Small Group time, Quiet Time, Scripture Memory, and Christian Service each level gets more challenging, yet remains age-appropriate.
From year to year our goal is to help students move forward as spiritual athletes in the great race of the Christian life.
The program focuses on each of these areas each year:
- Learn to have a consistent daily time in God’s Word on a six-year rotation that touches every book in the Bible.
- Study a six-year curriculum of 48 lessons each year including character studies, life of Christ lessons, and holiday theme nights.
- Memorize verses that come straight out of the lessons each week helping them hide God’s Word in their heart.
- Minister and serve in the church and community. Depending on the age they children are challenged to do more or less.
- Read age-appropriate books to strengthen their faith.
- Earn fun incentives that follow the Olympic theme, such as stickers for bronze, silver, and gold levels.
Vacation Bible School
At Sunday School, children learn the Bible from seasoned adult teachers. Our children have the opportunity to learn together with other kids their age! Sunday School classes begin at 9:45 AM on Sunday mornings.
After joining with the congregation for the worship portion of the 11 AM Sunday service, children head to Children’s Church, where they learn the Bible together. In Children’s Church, kids hear Bible stories, play games, create arts and crafts, and sometimes they even get food!
Girls In Action
Upward Sports is a positive and encouraging athletics program for children K5 – sixth grade. With just a 1-hour practice and 1-hour game each week, Upward Sports fits your lifestyle while promoting the values that matter to you. Coaches and fans won’t yell at your child; they’ll cheer for them instead! We are pleased to offer basketball and cheerleading this season!